1. CONTENTS (1) RESEARCH OBJECTIVES The model of Korean New City has recently emerged as a main export. In line with this national trend, many Korean companies are interested in Vietnamese development market which has great potential for growth.
The purpose of this study is to establish the entry strategies for Vietnamese New Town Development as an export model of Korean New Town.
(2) RESEARCH METHOD This study refers to the literatures of research material reports, Vietnamese Investment Law, Vietnamese Building Code, other publications, internet materials, etc. Also, the interview and the questionary with the public officers of Hai-Phong and Vietnamese Central Government were carrid out. All of the mentioned in the above are based on the entry strategies for Vietnamese new town development.
(3) RESEARCH FINDINGS 1. As measures to fund for a Vietnamese new town development, 1)BTL, BLT, BTO, BOT, 2) exchange of land development rights are possible. However, the inviting ODA and the public finance aids from Vietnamese local governments are impractical.
2. There are few incentive program in Vietnam, and among them, the Investment Law's Article 27, Article 28, Article 29 would be applicable. Also, a joint-venture contract or a partnership with Vietnamese national construction firm would be helpful during development.
3. To reduce a risk of delay for immigrants, compensation, approval and etc., a Public-Private Partnership is recommended.
2. RESULTS This study suggests that appropriate entry strategy for each country which would be the target for export model of Korean new town should be established. The practical study for China, Southeast Asian countries, CIS(Commonwealth of Independent States), Mideast countries, and African countries should be deepened and accumulated.