Idioms comparative study of Chinese and Korean has been going on for 20 years, but so far, all the research stay in a simple list the stages of idioms, this paper think over the list of the line, for more specific research.
This paper choose “一字之差” in the Chinese and Korean idioms comparison, investigated the reasons for choosing different characters between Chinese and Korean idioms. There are mainly reflected in the following aspects:
1. The development direction of Chinese characters is different from Chinese
2. The way to record a concept is different from Chinese
3. There is a slight difference in meaning
4. Influenced by Korean vocabulary
5. The two countries have different cultural and cognitive psychology
6. Influenced by language borrowing and analogy
In addition, Korean idioms play an important role in preserving and enriching the meanings of words.